Friday, January 6, 2012

Day 7: Working in the Temple

Today, I am thankful for the opportunity to work in the San Diego Temple.  Isn't it beautiful?


This month, I've hit my 2 year anniversary working in the temple. When I was first called to work as an ordinance worker (December 2009), which included weekly shifts  of 5-6 hrs each, I really didn't know how I was going to fit it into my schedule.  Now I can't imagine not working in the temple.  I work every Saturday morning from 6:15am-12 (on average).  I have definitely sacrificed some activities (sleeping in, going out late on Friday nights, etc), but working in the temple has enriched my life.  I have a stronger testimony of eternal families, missionaries, and the creation (among other things).  If you would like to hear more about what the temple means to the Latter Day Saint church, please let me know. 

Last May, I was asked to be an Assistant Coordinator on the Saturday AM shift.  This gives me the opportunity to work with many of the sisters each week (approximately 30 on our shift).  My coordinator, Sister Ruth Halling, and other assistant coordinator, Sister Debbie Robinson, are great and I have learned a lot from them.  The sisters on my shift are fanstastic and I've made some wonderful friends (Michelle, Emerald, Shari, etc).  I also get to meet with the temple presidency and matrons every Saturday.  These men and women, the Finnegans, Jaegars, and Gills, are fantastic and so spriritual.  I am very thankful to be in their presense each week. 

I hope someday I'll be able to work with my husband in the temple.

2 comments:

Laura Beers said...

Congrats on being an assistant coordinator. It makes working in the temple even more fun because you get to work and do lots of problem solving.
We miss you in our ward! Come Back!!!

Chelsea Hutsell said...

The temple looks great and I guess this is where great court reporting agency resides. I hope you can share more of your experiences soon. Thanks.