Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day 4: Medicine

Today, I am extremely thankful for medicine. 

For the last 2 weeks, I've been suffering from a horrible sinus infection.  Before I left San Diego on 12/22, I had a minor sore throat and running nose, then I took a flight to Dallas, TX. It was the most painful flight I've ever been on. My ears wouldn't pop during/after the flight and I had a hard time hearing anything for 2 days.  Once my ears popped once, they continued to pop everytime I blew my nose (which was often since I was pretty sick).  I went through 2 Kleenex boxes in 3 days.  I was pretty miserable.  The rest of my family (from my dad to Monroe) was also suffering from sickness, so I really didn't even have a chance to not be sick.  I was taking over-the-counter medicine every day, so eventually, I started feeling better, but I still had a bad cough.  

I was feeling pretty good when I got on my flight home yesterday, but today I felt horrible...stupid sick people on the plane.  I went to work for a few hours, but eventually called the doctor for an appointment.  I left work, went home for a nap, then to the Dr.  Dr. Gromer gave me some antibiotics and cough syrup, which I took immediately.  I am not feeling a ton better yet, but I know if I take the medicine as directed I will feel better eventually. 

Since I've suffered from migraines for 20 years, I've always taken prescription medicine, but as I've gotten older I realize how hard my life would be without it.

No comments: