Friday, January 20, 2012

Day 20: Brand New Nephew

Around 8AM this morning (10AM Texas time), I received a call from my mom, Judy.  My mom is not normally awake at 10AM, so I knew something was up if she was calling...Ashley was being admitted to the hospital.  If you don't already know, Ashley is having a little baby boy (name TBD before birth) due January 22.  Apparently, he decided he wanted to arrive a couple days early.  This morning, Ashley had her normal OB appointment and her DR said her amniotic fluids were low, so they were inducing.  Stuart immediately grabbed Ashley's stuff and left to meet her at the hospital, while my mom and dad stayed with Monroe until closer to the delivery. 

Ashley called me about 9:30AM: 4 centimeters dialated, IV in, and getting ready for the epidural.  As I tried to work throughout the day, my mind kept wondering to Ashley in labor.  I hoped and prayed everything would go smoothly for her and little baby boy (please, have a healthy baby).  I texted her around 12:45PM to see how everything was going and received a response 15 minutes later..."8 centimeters dilated, so getting close. Today is definitely the day.  I will keep you posted." I called Ashley again at 1:36PM, Stuart answered the phone and said "Congratulations, he was just born."  I cried a little and told all my coworkers like the proud Auntie I am. 

The pertinent statistics: Born 1/20/12; 3:13PM (CST); 8lbs, 13.2oz; 21 inches; dark brown hair; Blue eyes

Baby Boy Keller Right after birth (No name as of yet)


Baby Boy Keller Being Held By Mama


Papa's first grandson...finally a boy :)
  

He already holds a little piece of my heart.  I talked to Ashley tonight and Mama and baby are doing great.  Monroe was very excited to meet her baby brother and told me all about how he has BIG eyes :)  I can't wait to meet him in March, but hopefully I can call him by an actual name soon! 

No comments: