Saturday, January 14, 2012

Day 14: The BBC's "Pride and Prejudice"

After working at the temple this morning, I decided to really rest this afternoon and catch up on some DVR (The Big Bang Theory was particularly hilarious).  Later in the day, I checked the mail and was super excited to see Netflix envelopes...the second DVD in the BBC's "Pride and Prejudice" had arrived.  How did I neglect watching this masterpiece for 16 years?  Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice" is one of my favorite books and I love movies depicting that time period (BBC's "North and South," "Sense and Sensibility," "Little Women," etc).


The BBC's "Pride and Prejudice" is approximately 5 hours and one of the best book adaptations I've ever seen.  I tend to be pretty disappointed in book adapatations, but as a miniseries, this adaptation could take the time to get the details right :) 

Jennifer Ehle is superb as Elizabeth Bennet.  She captures her frankness, kindness, and change of heart concerning Mr. Darcy perfectly. 

Colin Firth IS Mr. Darcy.  I completely understand why women swoon over Mr. Darcy because I love Colin Firth (I always have...hello "Love Actually").  Now if only I could find my own Mr. Darcy...



No comments: