Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day 17: My Sister Ashley

This morning, I was feeling a little bit down about life.  Work is good, church is fulfilling, great friends, awesome family, but I still feel like something is missing.  I am not unhappy with my life, but I know I could be happier (Thanks Happiness Project for showing me everyone could be happier).   On my way to work, I called Ashley for a little pep talk.  I am so thankful I have a good relationship with my sister.   

Ashley and I have always been close.  One of my earliest memories is playing with my mom while she was pregnant with Ash and I wanted to be pregnant, too, so I stuffed my shirt with a towel (apparently I've always wanted to be a mom).  We were always each other's playmates, best friends, and worst enemies growing up (anyone with sister's can understand that one).  I was the Maid of Honor at her wedding and am a pretty rocking Auntie Coco to her daughter, Monroe (if I do say so myself).  I miss her like crazy since she moved to Texas, but I know it's where her family is supposed to be right now.  I can't wait to meet my new nephew currently cooking in her belly.

At Ashley's Wedding


The Bickmore/Keller Girls at my 30th Birthday Dinner


I love you Ash! Thanks for always being a great sister.

No comments: