Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 16: College Basketball Games

I've always loved college basketball.  I clearly remember watching March Madness in 1995 when UCLA won it all, which may have been when I started loving my Bruins.  I loved the drama and artistry in college basketball, which was/is definitely missing from professional sports.

When I was accepted to UCLA, I was very excited to buy season tickets to the football and basketball games.  Imagine my disappointment when I was told only 1,000 freshmen receive tickets each year by lottery.  I figured there was no way I would get tickets, but luckily, I won and continued to buy tickets each subsequent year).  I didn't miss a basketball or football game my entire time at UCLA.  I have so many fond memories of the student section (8-clap anyone?).  More than once, I slept outside, so I could be courtside during our most highly anticipated games (Hello, Arizona & USC).

Tonight, I had the opportunity to attend the BYU-USD basketball game with some single friends (Thanks for the invite Michelle).   It was really fun and reminded me how much I love live sports and miss my UCLA games.   

 

P.S. BYU dominated the game and won by 19 pts :)  Go GOUGARS!!! (And yes, I can say that since my sister graduated from there!!!)

No comments: