Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 6: Netflix Streaming

I love movies and television...dramas, action, science fiction, romance, comedies, etc.  The only genre I don't really watch is horror because I am not into the whole blood, guts, and gore.  I love going to the theater to watch movies, but having the ability to watch movies in your own home is also really nice.  Today, I am really thankful for Netflix streaming straight to my TV.  

About a year ago, I bought a Blu-ray player with an internet connection.  I started watching Netflix television shows and movies on my TV whenever I felt the urge.  I've watched Friday Night Lights (all seasons), McLeod's Daughter's (through Season 5, it's an Australian drama), and multiple movies.  I love being able to pick a movie or television show and watch it instantly.  Since I have been sick the past few days, the Netflix streaming has been great because if I fell asleep during a movie I could just restart it and not worry about having to return it to RedBox or Blockbuster (do those stores even exist anymore?)


Someday, I hope I can have a media room similar to my parent's.  They have a sound proof room, projector, recliners, and a 106 inch screen to watch TV and movies.  I watched a movie every day I was there over Christmas. 

No comments: