Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day 3: Air Travel

This morning, as I sit at the airport waiting to fly back to San Diego, I am very thankful for air travel.  If air travel wasn't possible, I wouldn't be able to see my family and friends (who live far away) nearly as often as I do.  I couldn't drive the 22 hours to my parent's home in Plano, TX, except maybe once a year.  In 2011, I flew to Boise, Idaho for my Grandfather's 80th birthday; San Francisco, California for Meghan's 30th Birthday and baby shower; and Dallas, Texas 5 times including Thanksgiving, Christmas, and a family vacation.  I also had multiple friends and family members visit me in San Diego.

I didn't step on a plane until I was almost 18 years old, but I haven't stopped flying since then.  My first flight took me to San Jose, CA with my high school Key Club (a service club).  We spent a couple days at a conference, but had plenty of fun, too.  Since then, I've been to Texas (too many times to count), Philadelphia, Baltimore, Charleston, Seattle, Hawaii, and Australia (just to name a few places).  I actually love flying alone...I read, listen to music, make to do lists, and play sudoku, but I also love traveling with my friends (Stacey, Sonja, Barbie, etc).  My favorite airlines are Southwest (for quick trips) and American (for anywhere else). 

In 1st quarter 2012, I already have vacations planned to San Francisco, CA to see the Murphy Family (I can't wait to meet Baby Liam) and Orlando, FL to visit Walt Disney World (for Monroe's first trip to see Mickey Mouse and to meet my new nephew for the first time).  I know you will see lots of posts about those trips :).

No comments: