Friday, January 13, 2012

Day 13: Hilarious Coworkers

Today, I've had a hard time narrowing down what to write about. 

I spend 45-55 hours at work each week, so I am extremely grateful for hilarious coworkers.  I work with Sentek coworkers, government clients, and other contractors (BAH, CSA, Intellisolutions, etc).  My current work environment consists of a large cubicle with 5 men....needless to say I hear surprising things each and every day. 

One of my coworkers, Julius, is slightly obsessed with bacon.  He talks about bacon daily.  You may ask "how does someone talk about bacon every day?" Well, it's actually quite easy when we egg him on every day (we all love how obsessed he is).  I've visited Denny's with him for Baconmania, seen him eat multiple bacon burgers, and continue to try to persuade him to try the Bacon brownies at Slater's 50/50.

Then there is Brian, who is one of the smallest men I know (5 ft 6 in, 120 lbs wet), but can eat more than 3 men.  This afternoon, my boss (Tom), Justine (a fellow manager), and I threw a Thank You Lunch  for our employees. Brian ate a stacked 1/2 pound hamburger and probably a pound of potato chips.

My boss, Tom, or Clubber (his call sign from the Navy...he was an aviator and a retired Naval Captain) is a joy to work for.  Whenever we meet, he cracks me up because he seems constantly amazed by Justine and I (we are pretty amazing).  He is the classic Harley rider, gun toting, Republican and totally reminds me of my dad. 

I am really lucky to work with great people.

No comments: