Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 2: Honey Mustard

For any of those who have eaten with me, you know I love my sauces...ketchup, ranch, sweet and sour, and most recently honey mustard.  Years ago, my friend Stacey introduced me to the Turkey O'Toole at Bennigan's (love it).  It's a turkey and swiss melt with Honey Mustard on a Pretzel roll and I was hooked.  I started asking for honey mustard for my french fries everywhere.  I've even converted to honey mustard dressing.  I've even converted some of my friends to asking for honey mustard.

Near my parents house is a fantastic restaurant called Babe's Chicken Dinner House (http://www.babeschicken.com/) and I don't even really like chicken.  For my last meal in Texas, my dad took the family for dinner. My family eats at Babe's regularly and I always get the same thing...Chicken Fingers with Amarillo Honey Mustard. It's delicious because jalapenos are added to the mustard making it rather spicy. Everything is served family style...salad, biscuits, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, green beans, and a daily special (today it was collard greens).  We always stuff ourselves, but I never leave without some honey mustard to go :)


No comments: