Friday, January 27, 2012

Day 27: Pedicures

Over the years, I've grown to love pedicures. My love blossomed while I was at UCLA, where pedicures were only $10. My roommates and I would treat ourselves before big events and get pedicures (we were poor college students). As I've gotten older, pedicures have gained a spot in my monthly routine. I love going to the salon, sitting in the spa massage chair, having my toes done, and forgetting about the issues in my life.  This afternoon, I got my first pedicure in over a month (I got a pedicure right before I left for Texas for the holidays). Over the past week, my toes were looking really ragged because I've broken my toe nails, as they have gotten longer (for me, three weeks in the optimal amount of time between pedicures).  I went to a new spa/salon near my house, which was nice, and I plan on going there again.  I love bringing my own nail polish, too, which allows me to touch up my nails between pedicures (it's a money saving venture).  I love sitting in a spa chair, reading all about the latest celebrity gossip, and getting a lower leg massge (so relaxing...).

No comments: