Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day 10: The Container Store

I've been pretty down on myself about my lack of motivation to get everything unpacked and put away in my apartment.  After living there for 4.5 months, I'd say 85% is unpacked, but I need to get the last boxes out of the garage, so I can actually park there :)  As I look back at the move, I probably should have taken some time off to unpack and settled, but I didn't realize it would take me this long.  In the past, I've only had to move a couple rooms (bedroom, bathroom, some kitchen items), so I didn't realize the time it would take to unpack a whole apartment.  I haven't made unpacking a high priority in my life, but it does seem like if it wasn't one thing, it was another...the holidays, church, temple, travel, work, sickness, etc. 

The bottom line...the unpacking just needs to get done, so I need to get in gear and finish marking it off my perenial To Do list.  To help with my goal,  I am making a trip to one of my favorite stores for some inspiration.  Today, I am thankful for The Container Store.


Located in Fashion Valley, The Container Store houses an organizer's dream...boxes, labels, gadgets, hangers, ideas, etc to make organizing easier.  If I allowed myself to spend the money, I could spend an armful at The Container Store.  I usually just roam the aisles for ideas about future organization (I know, I'm weird, but tonight was no different).  Where else can you find a $99 trash can?  Does it look that special to you?


When I moved to my new apartment, I donated, gave away to friends, or threw away a lot of stuff.  I lived in the Alexandra house for 6 years, so I acculated and adapted to the space I had available.  The new apartment is a nice size (for an apartment), but it isn't a house, so I've had to adapt and purchase more organizational items as I have unpacked. Here is what I bought tonight :) (Can you tell what everything is?  A couple cute floral storage boxes for keepsakes, a tall boot box, a short boot box, 3 travel size shampoo containers, a bag blam container, and a luggage tag...mine broke on my last flight)


P.S.  Thanks for the Facetime Ash and Roe...You crack me up!!!!

1 comment:

Dee Dee said...

One of my favorite stores! You shouldn't have any trouble with this, you are the organization queen!!