Saturday, January 21, 2012

Day 21: Rain

San Diego is known for it's absolutely gorgeous weather.  Most days the past few weeks have  been in the 70s and it's seemed more like summer than winter.  Today was a major exception, since when I walked out of the temple rain was falling.  Rain is a normal January occurance, but has been noticably absent this year.  Today, I am thankful for the rainfall, so hopefully we aren't stuck in another drought this year.

I love rain! Especially, when I can stay at home snuggled in my bed and just chill.  I love the smell of rain...everything smells so clean after a good rain.  Rain also gives San Diego some of the most beautiful sunsets.  My friends have been posting pictures all week.  I also love rain when my car is dirty (which it is right now).  I feel like I have a few more weeks until I need a wash now :)  What I dislike (hate is a strong word) about rain is having to drive in it.  San Diegans don't know how to drive correctly in rain because we don't need to often enough.  The drivers slow down, stop, speed, etc, so accidents occur all over the county. 

P.S.  My new nephew is named Boyd Mason Keller.  Boyd after Stuart's Paternal Grandfather, Mason is my mom's maiden name...family names all around. 

No comments: