Thursday, January 19, 2012

Day 19: Chili

Today, my thankfulness is for chili.   You may be thinking I am thankful for the country (which I guess I am , but I've never been to it), but I am actually giving thanks for the food...you know that delicious stew-like concoction made with beans, meat, and whatever else you throw in :)  Chili makes me think of cold, windy days (some would say blustery).

I've always loved chili.  As a young girl, I remember eating Stagg chili covered with shredded cheese along side my dad.  He always told Ashley and I the reason he was so tall was from eating Stagg chili every day growing up (and milk makes you smalled).  Chili is always in my cupboard and I always have a can at work I can eat in a pinch (like today).  I usually buy vegetarian chili because I don't trust canned meat (is that weird?).  Whenever, I eat at Soupplantation (yummy!!!!), I always eat the chili and cornbread. 

1 comment:

Joy said...

souplantation is going to be the where I am taking the boys today!