Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Day 45: Valentine's Day

I love Valentine's Day.  Valentine's day reminds people to appreciate the people they love (which really shouldn't be necessary, but since it is, I'll enjoy it).  I love the candy, the colors (who doesn't love pink, white, and red), and the sentiment.  Over the years, I've had great Valentine's days: first dates, great dinners, and fun times; and bad Valentine's days: fights, bickering, or no appreciation.  As a single female, Valentine's Day can be rough.  People always ask "Are you spending time with your boyfriend or significant other?  Do you have a date?  What are your plans?" and it's tiring saying "No, I don't have any plans for Valentine's Day."  

This year, some girl friends and I decided to have a different type of Valentine's Day...let's call it "Galentine's Day." The night started at Smashburger with Barbie, Emerald, Ashleigh, and Jenny for some comfort food (hamburger and fries) before a movie.  Dinner was full of fun conversation and I look forward to getting to know these girls better.  Next, we headed to Mission Valley Mall for a viewing of "The Vow."  What could be better on Galentine's Day than watching a chick flick with a group of girls?  We brought treats, talked, got teary eyed, and laughed our way through the cute little movie.  "The Vow" follows a husband (Channing Tatum) as he endeavors to win back his new bride's (Rachel McAdams) heart after she loses her memory in a car accident.  I liked the movie, but the ending left me wanting more (I like movies when all the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed in the end).  After the movie, those of us who weren't tired, headed to Amy and Tasha's house for dessert (yummy food): The Black Beast (a flourless chocolate cake) and an Almond Cake...both equally delicious.

Thanks girls for making Valentine's Day a blast!

No comments: