Monday, February 6, 2012

Day 37: Online Banking

When I was younger, we went to our Mission Valley bank branch before every vacation to pick up Traveler's checks (does anyone even use those anymore?).  Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) were non-existent until high school, so when my mom went grocery shopping, she wrote checks over the amount, so she could get cash without going to the bank. 

Online and mobile banking makes money management SOOOO much easier.  Not going to a bank branch saves me time throughout the month, which I can then use to do things I enjoy more (reading, shopping, cleaning, etc).  The only time I ever go to the bank is to deposit change into my account.  I accomplish all my other banking online or through ATMs.  I balance my checkbook 3-4 times a month online, but I also look up my balances on my iPhone.  I deposit checks and pull out money at ATMs (there are quite a few ATMs near my house and work, but I can also go to 7-11 ATMs without any fee).  I barely even need checks anymore since I can manage payments online.  My family can transfer money amongst each other online.  Online banking just rocks!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thanks for your list...Most of the time when you order checks the banks merely order the checks for you thru other check printing companies. currently you may be ready to order bank checks yourself directly online.Click here