Saturday, February 11, 2012

Day 42: My Bathroom

I love spacious, cutely decorated bathrooms.  For over 6 years in the Alexandra house, I didn't have a cutely decorated bathroom because my bathroom was already decorated (when I lived downstairs) and when I moved upstairs the bathroom was TOO big and didn't need a shower curtain, since the shower was enclosed in glass (a shower curtain really pulls the room together, don't you think?).  I always just used bright rugs and whatever else I found for cheap at Kohl's.  

Before the Alexandra house, I had a lovely tan and lavender bathroom set (tan background, lavender orchids) for years.  In 2005, when I moved home, I packed the towels, shower curtain, pictures, etc away.  I thought I would move out a few years later and use the bathroom stuff again....fast forward to August 2011.  Victoria and I were getting ready to move to our apartment and I was sorting through boxes.  I found my bathroom set and donated it to charity.  I still liked it, but I wanted to go another direction with my bathroom.

Tonight I cleaned my bathroom from top to bottom (what an exciting Saturday night, but I am really tired and just wanted to get some chores done).  My bathroom looks amazing all spic and span and I love all the colors I decided to use: black, red, gray, and white. 

Bathroom from the Hallway


Black, White, Red, and Gray Floral Shower Curtain


For me, it's the perfect bathroom:

1. Large tub for soaking after long hard days at work
2. Lots of shelves in the tub for all my bath products (face wash, shampoos, conditioners, etc)
3. Shower head is really high, so I don't have to bend down to wash my hair
4. Drawers in the vanity allow me to separate stuff according to function
5. Floor space for lots of rugs and an extra storage unit

 Extra Storage Unit (I put it together myself)


6. Lots of counter space


I'm also very thankful for indoor plumbing.  I wouldn't deal well going to an outhouse and only bathing once a week :)

No comments: