Monday, February 13, 2012

Day 44: Caesar Salad

Tonight, for the first time, I hosted Book Club at my apartment.  As the host, I provided dinner and dessert for the group.  Initially, I planned on making "breakfast for dinner," but I realized I had some frozen tortellini in the freezer, so decided to use that instead.  The meal turned out great...tortellini in garden vegetable marinara sauce (thanks Target), rolls, and a huge Caesar salad. 

My favorite part of the meal was the caesar salad (completely gone by the end of the dinner).  I love caesar salad because you always know how it's going to taste.  The salad is really difficult to make wrong since it only consists of a few things: lettuce, Parmesan cheese, dressing, and croutons (no anchovies for me).  In restaurants, I don't order it often (since I usually only eat at places I know I like), but when I do, I am rarely disappointed. 

No comments: