Friday, February 3, 2012

Day 34: The Broken Yolk Cafe

This morning, we had a Going Away Breakfast for my coworker (and friend), Julius Jones, or as we like to call him Mr. Jones. He just became a government employee and is moving to a different building.  Julius loves bacon (as evidenced in a previous post), so we decided (mostly me) a breakfast was the perfect way to say "See You Later, Alligator."

7 AM comes early every morning, so this morning was no different.  I rushed through my morning ritual because I didn't get out of bed until 6:20AM.  I drove down to "The Broken Yolk Cafe on Midway Dr (in Point Loma) and was only a couple minutes late.  The Broken Yolk Cafe (BYC) just opened in Point Loma on 11 January, so it's still pretty quiet in the morning (I don't think many people know about it yet).  I've always heard good things about the BYC, but I'm usually not around any of the other locations during breakfast or lunch hours. 

I've been to the BYC twice now and I wasn't disappointed either time.  The first time, I ordered a 4 egg omelet (bacon, avocado, tomatos, mushrooms) and home fries...I didn't quite finish it, but I loved the freshness of the food.  This morning, I ordred my favorite breakfast food...french toast with strawberry sauce.  The chef made some delicious food.  I don't think anyone was disappointed.  I love finding good breakfast food near work, so I can go for lunch whenever I feel like breakfast for lunch :)  I would recommend the BYC to everyone in the Point Loma area. 

No comments: