Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 33: My Laundry Room

When I was in college, going to the laundrymat or apartment complex laundry rooms wasn't a big deal because I had a lot more time (between classes, at night, all those hours I wasn't working, etc). As soon as I started working fulltime, I realized how much time laundry takes to accomplish.  If you have a laundrymat nearby, it's easy to do a number of loads at once, but it will still take 2-3 hours every couple weeks (at least it would for me). 

Since 2003, I've lived in apartments/houses with laundry rooms.  Now, I couldn't live without an in house laundry room...it's non-negotiable.  When I lived in the Alexandra house, the laundry room had front loaders, which I still miss (they got the clothes really clean) and have stored in our storage unit.  My current laundry room is pretty good sized, with a full size washer and dryer, and shelving for linens and cleaning supplies.  Having a laundry room allows me to start a load of laundry whenver I have a couple minutes free.  I usually do a couple loads a week, more if I am washing sheets and towels :)  Sometimes, I even forget I started it and I LOVE being able to forget about my laundry. 

No comments: